Sunday, March 22, 2009

Funny Story

Hey all, I just had to share a funny thing that happened the other day. I was day-dreaming my reoccuring dream of starting my own speech/language preschool and was trying to come up with a clever name. Some ideas I had were, "Talk With Me", "Talking Time", "The Speech Room" and "The Speech Station", all of which are already taken. I was saying all this out loud to Jayson and he suddenly chimed in with "The Epiglottal Stop" (sparked by the Speech Station idea)! :) I just burst out laughing. I guess over the years he has picked up some of our speechie lingo. He didn't quite remember that it is just called the glottal stop. So what do you think? How do you think parents would feel about telling people their child goes to the "Epiglottal Stop Preschool"? :)

2 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

that's hilarious. love it! either people would think it was very fancy or just scary. j/k.

Alyse and Carlos said...

Lara-I laughed out loud! Very funny! How about "Palatal Play," "Sweet Speech" or "Arts and Articulators?" Nah. Not nearly as good.